Thursday, July 26, 2012

Celebrating

We celebrated the Gent's birthday in style this year. The past three years we have been out of town for weddings on his birthday, so I decided to make it memorable this year. I planned a day full of surprises. The only thing the Gent knew ahead of time was that Annie and I were taking him to lunch and he needed to be home by 6 for dinner.

We had a family breakfast and started with presents.
IMG_7982

For lunch, Annie and I packed a picnic and took it to his office (along with more presents). I made pimiento cheese spread and baked artisan bread for one of the Gent's favorite sandwiches, and we had banana pudding instead of cake.
IMG_7996

IMG_7987

IMG_7999

Mom and Dad came over to babysit Annie and the Gent and I headed off to dinner, where we ate the best fried okra I've ever had in my life.
IMG_8003

His final surprise was a night away, just the two of us. Lovely.

Happy birthday to my hero!

(I had so much fun planning his special day. And aren't you proud of me? At 17 months old I finally left Annie overnight!)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you for leaving Annie overnight!

    Happy Birthday kind Gent! You have a great family!

    ReplyDelete