Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nine Months On, Eight Months Off

Eight months. That's how long it took me to finally get my body back after baby! For the record, it was definitely worth it. I loved being pregnant, I love having Annie, and I love fitting back into my clothes. :) At three months I had lost about 2/3 of the weight but had a long way to go in toning. At six months I was close to where I wanted to be and confident enough to wear my new bikini at the beach. And at eight months I'm there, other than a couple of extra pounds hanging on for nursing. I'll enjoy the cleavage while it lasts, ha!

I am not a super healthy eater, but I do pretty well. I try to restrict sweets to the weekend and we eat very little processed food around here. But it is football season which means lots of tailgating parties . . .

I got my body back mostly through exercise. Walking for the first three months, then Jillian's 30 Day Shred for three months, and the past six weeks or so I have just been walking 30 minutes (the dogs need it and Annie loves to be outside) and doing yoga five days a week. I like to walk and I love yoga, so I think this is what I will stick with for a while. Eventually I'll have to change up my routine because I get bored with the same thing. But right now I am enjoying the flexibility and balance I'm developing through yoga practice, and I feel relaxed and energized when I'm finished.

And I am writing all this so when the next baby comes along I will remember eventually a new normal re-emerges!

1 comment:

  1. yay for you! Remind ME of this post in Feb, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete