Monday, November 14, 2011

Baby Food

I've been making most of Annie's baby food, for several reasons:
- I like to cook
- I like knowing exactly what is in Annie's food
- I can expose her to a wider variety of foods (mango, anyone?)
- I can easily create different textures

If you're at all interested in making your own baby food, I have found this website to be very helpful:
http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

Now, I've heard some other moms claim that making your own baby food is cheaper. I haven't found that to be the case, but that's probably because I feed Annie mostly organic foods. I'm sure she will fill up on pesticides at some point in her life, but I'm trying to hold off for at least the first year. :)

It is easy, though. You pretty much just steam or bake everything, then puree or cut it into chunks, whatever consistency you want. Then you freeze it and pull out what you need a day at a time. I usually cook enough for two to three weeks.

It works for us - if you are interested then give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. i loved your comment about "filling up with pesticides later in life". HA! :) can't wait to hear more about your foster care stuff-we got rejected in indiana bc we already have 5 kids. we are so bummed! i will vicariously live through you. :)

    ReplyDelete