Monday, November 7, 2011

House Work

The Gent and a crew of friends and family, headed by my Uncle Richard, started the electrical rewiring project this weekend. We are so glad to have an electrician in the family! The house was a wreck but the new electrical panels are in so the Gent and Uncle Richard can start rewiring a room at a time now. This will be a months long process, I think, but it will be so worth it when it is finished!

The painters are almost finished with the outside of the house. They are just finishing up the fence now. They've done a fantastic job. And I'm so glad the Gent agreed to pay a crew to do it instead of us trying to do it ourselves. :) It has taken the professionals seven days to do the job, with a crew of 3 or 4. I can't imagine how long it would have taken us!

Papaw is coming in a few weeks to install a larger hot water heater so we won't have to take lukewarm showers anymore. Very excited about that.

I have been re-caulking and weatherproofing windows, touching up interior trim paint, researching the history of the house for our historic designation, and a few million other small projects.

It is looking pretty good around here!

2 comments:

  1. So great! If lawyering doesn't work out, sounds like he'll have a good back up career ::

    I picked up paint today to repaint our kitchen - cabinets and everything - and I'm slightly regretting the decision not to pay someone. I think you were wise to shell out that job. You have enough on your hands.

    Can't wait to see all of the updates since we were last there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the projects you are working on now, because my job usually involves playing with Annie!

    ReplyDelete