Monday, August 22, 2011

This and That

We're still alive, move went great. It is just a slow process putting everything together. This will probably be the only post this week. A few things of note:

Annie is now babbling "mamama" and it makes me so happy to hear it. :D

Maggie found a home with the Gent's brother and his wife and is a happy (and lucky) doggie! Nick really misses her. Zeke was glad to see her go and Huck hasn't noticed yet.

Here are the first before and after pictures of the house. Not sure why I started with the dining room but that is the only room that is almost finished, so here you go.

IMG_3013

IMG_3151

IMG_3152

IMG_3154

IMG_3155

The furniture is all antiques and was purchased on Craigslist for less than $1000 (two china cabinets, buffet, table with four leaves, and 10 chairs). I already had the rug, artwork, and plenty of china and crystal to fill both cabinets. Yes, I am a Southern girl. I wanted this room to be a mix of formal and informal, since we eat in it every day (I re-purposed the eat-in kitchen, photos of that to come someday). The chairs need to be recovered and one chair needs to be re-glued, and then I think this room is done.

What do you think? I love the way it all came together.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing how you decorate and set up the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! and what a find with the Craig's List items... wow. I have loved seeing your mom's updates on FB. What a beautiful home! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful transformation! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Federalist furniture. What a gorgeous room!

    ReplyDelete