Friday, August 5, 2011

One of those Days

Yesterday. I'll start with the good news, then move on to the news, the bad news, and the badder news . . . nothing really catastrophic just one of those days.

Annie is now sleeping 8pm-8am without waking at all. HALLELUJAH. She skipped her 10pm feeding one night and then gave up her 6am the next night, with no encouragement at all from her Daddy and me. Thank you, sweet sleeping baby.

I am packing up the house, about halfway finished. It looks like a disaster zone. Sometimes I just walk around in a daze looking at all there is left to do. And then I leave it all and go meet a friend for lunch.

The packing is nothing compared to all the work that is going on at our new house. My Mom, Papaw, Stephanie, Dwight, Aunt Rhonda, Uncle Richard, Dad, and I don't know who all else are working so hard getting it ready for us. They're repainting the entire house, working on the electric wiring, installing new fixtures, completing assorted handyman projects, building cabinets and an organizing system in the kitchen, supervising paid workmen, accepting furniture deliveries, and the list goes on. We have a really awesome family and are so thankful. The front yard is now a pile of dirt but the sewer line has been replaced. The plumber is ripping out the downstairs shower today. We thought the shower pan was cracked and that's why it was leaking. Turns out it doesn't even have a shower pan. It is wood, concrete, and tile. Oh my dear heavens, what a mess.

Yesterday, of all days, Zeke decided to get into it with Nick over breakfast. Apparently Zeke got into Nick's bowl and Nick did not appreciate it one little bit. I heard them scrapping and by the time I walked five steps to the kitchen, Zeke's mouth was bleeding and a tooth was jutting sideways. Sigh. Of course the Gent had taken the car to work because I told him I wouldn't need it (his vehicle is already at the new house). I called him as he was getting ready to walk into court and said I need you to come home, Zeke is bleeding and we have to go to the vet. He got home, we loaded up Zeke and Annie (who was unhappy and ready for a nap), took the Gent back to work, and the rest of us went to the vet. $200 later Zeke is fine and has a new nickname: Snaggletooth. Maybe he will finally learn to stop picking on his brothers. He always starts the fights and then he is the one who gets hurt. But I'm not counting on it. He is displeased with his place in the pack order and I need to work with him on that. We'll all be happier after I spend a few days reinforcing that I am the leader and he is the follower.

Anyways, at 5pm yesterday I picked up the Gent at work and then we went to the vet to pick up Zeke. I go in, get Zeke, his meds, and take home instructions, then go back to the car where the Gent and Annie are waiting. And of course . . . the car won't start. Battery? Alternator? Please, be the battery! We find a sweet lady to jump us off, car starts, drive to Auto Zone, replace battery. Bye bye money, there goes another $100.

We finally get home, change, feed the dogs, and go to a dinner party that the Gent's boss and his wife are hosting. We were only 45 minutes late and the cocktail hour was just winding down. Whew. They had a baby bed set up for Annie, so I nursed her and put her down to sleep, then enjoyed great company and a scrumptious steak. And a lovely glass of Merlot. So it ended up being a good night after all.

Oh, forgot . . . I spent the two hours of Annie's afternoon nap on the phone with AT&T about our internet service at the new house. Long story short, we are getting our equipment for free after all the hassle I had to go through to get it set up. Saves us $100, will pay for the car battery.

I also totaled up the budget sheet yesterday and we are actually right on track for our estimated expenses related to the new house. Of course some things are more and some are less, but thankfully overall we are good.

Hello, weekend, I am glad you are almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment