Wednesday, February 23, 2011

40 Week Watch

Just back from the doctor . . . again. Hopefully no more of these weekly appointments!

Our baby girl is doing great, though the Gent and I had a momentary scare when it took the doctor longer than usual to find her heartbeat. Even though I'd been feeling baby move all morning . . . still scary! Turns out the doctor just didn't have his doppler low enough on my belly. Her heartbeat is strong and it was definitely reassuring to hear it!

For the women out there who will want to know: I am 60-70% effaced and 3 cm dilated. Baby is at +1 station, which means she is very low in my pelvis (yay, less pushing!). Doctor says he doesn't make predictions, but doubts I'll make it to my next appointment. He also told me based on the progress I've already made, labor is more likely to go quickly than slowly, so not to dawdle around too long once I know I'm actually in labor.

Hoping to have baby pictures to post for you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! We are praying for you and can't wait to hear of baby's arrival!! :) keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited, I can't stand myself! No more caffeine for me :) Yay for less pushing! Better get ready to bake those cookies for the nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news!!! Being 3 cm is super exciting!

    Can't wait to hear the story and see sweet pictures! We'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete