Saturday, January 1, 2011

Eight Month Photo

8 month edit

I feel baby moving around all the time and I love it. I can't wait to meet her in just a few more weeks! We have finished up most of our shopping and the nursery is almost complete (two art projects to go) and then I will post pictures, I promise.

I am definitely thinking seriously now about labor and delivery and life with a newborn and (gulp) parenting. We've gotten the doctor's approval on our birth plan and are starting to think through some other practical things - finding someone to take care of the dogs while we are at the hospital, adding baby to our health insurance, stocking the freezer with some healthy meals.

It is so easy to get caught up in all the doing, I'm trying to intentionally take time to rest and enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy. I like to sit in the nursery and talk to our baby girl, read her a book, pray for her.

I was reflecting last night on how thankful I am for this new little life. A year ago I was elated over a brand new pregnancy, our Noel, and so excited about what 2010 would bring. It certainly didn't turn out the way I thought it would. There was pain and grieving. And pleading with God to help us conceive again when the time was right. I remember reading and re-reading passages in the Bible where women interceded with the Lord for a child. I was especially drawn to the story of Hannah in 1 Samuel.

I spent the spring praying for a baby and it felt like the waiting went on forever. Looking back at that bittersweet time, I see how it drew me closer to the Lord and taught me more about trusting Him, leaning on His everlasting arms, drawing strength from Him and not from my circumstances. When I found out in June that I was (finally!) pregnant again, I was ecstatic and nervous and a million other things. Most of all I was (and am) so thankful to God for this new little one. I pray every day for her - that she will continue to grow strong and healthy in my womb, that her delivery would be uncomplicated, that God would give me wisdom as a new mother, and that she would come to trust in Jesus for herself.

P.S. Happy 2011, y'all!

P.P.S. The dress still fits! Wonder if it will make it through the nine month photo?!

No comments:

Post a Comment