Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Whirlwind Magical Holiday Tour has come to an end

We spent this Christmas trying to see everyone we are related to. We had a blast but next year we plan to do much less traveling. :) Anyone who wants to come visit us instead is welcome!

First, a day with my dad's family.

We play this little game every year. It is called "how many people does it take to program the camera on the tripod?"
camera edit

My grandparents and their grandkids, + one great-grandbaby on the way.
Chandler

Next, a stop at my parents' house. We spent Christmas Eve here - went to a lovely service, enjoyed a scrumptious supper (yummmmm baked brie!), and opened gifts.

The Gent liked combining the two.
Aaron

On Christmas morning we got up early and drove to my mom's parents. Where we found - wonder of wonders in the South - a WHITE CHRISTMAS.

As we came up their drive, this is what we saw.
Cherokee house

My Nana and Papaw host all of us - somewhere around 25 people camp out in their house during the holidays!
Nana and Papaw

Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow
snow

There was just enough time left for a quick trip to see the Gent's family (the past few years we have been alternating which family we spend Christmas with, this year we spent most of the holiday with my family).
Chastain2

More gifts to open, Happy Christmas!
Chastain

And now we are home. And exhausted. And the house is still somewhat of a mess but by tomorrow it should all be set to rights again. I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I love all our awesome families! What a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete