Friday, January 28, 2011

Nine Month Photo

The dress has gotten a little shorter in front, but it made it through to the finish line! Oy, finish line! Can't believe our little girl will be here sometime in the next few weeks!

9 months edit

Now for a few random thoughts on pregnancy.

I've been reading up on birthing books and infant care; we'll see how this works in real life. I am excited about natural childbirth and working with my body, to give birth the way God designed me to.

I want to wear "real" clothes again.

I still walk five days a week, practice my yoga, and keep up with light weight training. My doctor said keep going as long as I feel like it, so that's my plan. I've had very few pregnancy aches and complaints thus far, and I'm attributing that to staying active.

Three things I've been waiting nine months to do:
- Drink a glass of champagne. And a margarita. I am thinking the first time the Gent and I go out on our own (thanks in advance, grandma) it will be for Mexican food and a margarita. With salt. YUM.
- Whiten my teeth. Doc was on the fence about whether it is safe to bleach your teeth while pregnant.
- Put a corn remover pad on corn that developed in my first month of pregnancy.
(I know, great stuff here - but aside from all the joy of having a newborn, these are the three things I'm excited to do!)

The closer we get to baby's arrival, the more excited I am about her birth and the less excited about the fact it will be in a hospital. My obstetrician and pediatrician have signed off on the birth plan, so hopefully I will get most of what I want out of the experience and be able to avoid some of the routine hospital protocols.

The thing I am most worried about is spending 48 hours in the hospital after our baby girl is born. I know I'm going to be tired and all, but seriously, what am I going to do for 48 loooooooong hours in a tiny hospital room!?! I'd rather be at home in my own bed. Argh. I should have a better attitude about this, I know.

I feel great, energized, and ready for L'il Bit to be here soon!

Mom and I finished the artwork for the nursery. I love this Scripture verse and pray it over baby's life: "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me." Psalm 138:8.

artwork edit

3 comments:

  1. She's almost here! I can't wait to be a grandmother!!! I love to look at your pictures in this dress from month 1 to month 9. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt and Andrea Metcalf say . . .

    You will like the hospital for at least two days! There was an angel (nurse) one night who took Avery to the nursery because she had been screaming for 5 hours straight! She said, "You all rest and I will take Avery." I don't know if it was because of the C-Section, but I was too exhausted to handle that. I am excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with the metcalfs... ENJOY those 2 days with help! (sure, they're gonna be waking you up every few hours to check your vitals & make sure your baby's ID bracelet matches yours before they leave her with you to feed...) but once you get home, YOU are solely responsible. and won't have a nurse or nursery to watch her while you shower or go potty. and, i DO suggest you let her sleep in the nursery those 2 nights... because you will need solid sleep those first nights as your body recovers. you'll have PLENTY of nights at home watching her sleep & checking on her & making sure she's still breathing... the nurses are great about bringing her to you when she wakes up! (at least, that was the case in my MD hospital! :)

    ReplyDelete