Tuesday, March 10, 2020

2020 Goals

I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do like to set some goals or reminder phrases each year, to remind me of what's important and what I'm trying to accomplish in the long-run during the day to day living. Here's what I wrote in my journal for this year:

Read through the Bible in a year. It has been a while since I did this.
Read Frame's Systematic Theology. It has 52 chapters, so I read one chapter a week.
Build our house. Well, obviously I'm not the one building it. Perhaps this goal should be "supervise building of new house."
Spend intentional time with my children daily. Don't give in to the tyranny of the urgent.
Soak in Thomas's babyhood.
Say "yes" (as regards parenting) more. I'm good at saying no to too many activities and evening plans. With a family of 7 it gets out of hand quickly. But I say no too often to the kids (can I paint? can I do a science experiment?) because it just means more mess and hassle for me.

That's all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment