Friday, November 17, 2017

Someday

About 15 years ago I started a “Someday” journal, a bucket list/wish list of sorts. It was mostly a list of places to travel and skills to master, with a few other things thrown in. I came across this little journal when I was cleaning out a few weeks ago. It was an interesting exercise to glance back through it, and see what dreams have come to fruition and what dreams have changed. And for my check-things-off-the-list and if-it-is-written-down-I-must-follow-through personality to realize it is okay for your dreams to change. To a great extent, many things in my life have gone the way I expected they would. I hoped I would meet my husband in college, work for a few years, and then have precious babies and stay home to teach them and watch them grow. Those things have and are happening and they are my greatest blessings. Along the way, of course, has been much unanticipated joy and anguish. And some of those dreams have changed. I wanted to adopt a little girl, but God sent us Jacob and what would our family be like without this precious son? Through it all I’ve seen our gracious Lord’s hand. He is so good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment