Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Kitchen Reno!

Just in time to host Thanksgiving, our kitchen update is complete! We have been wanting to tackle the kitchen since we bought our house six years ago, but we were saving to do a total makeover and kept getting waylaid by things like flooded basements and failing retaining walls. We've been making do just fine but I have never liked our kitchen...especially the awful tumbled tile countertops that I could not keep clean. We have updated the rest of the house, and we wanted to do something with the kitchen before we list the house in the spring. We decided on a minor renovation and I think it turned out beautifully!
Here's a before picture and an after picture from the back door:














We changed out the light fixtures and cabinet hardware, put in new appliances, ocean black granite countertops, and took out the peninsula that took up so much floor space and made the small space even smaller. Then I put in a lot of elbow grease cleaning and painting and caulking. I just love the way it turned out and I'm excited to host our family Thanksgiving in two days!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! I love knowing,having been in this house, how much of a change this is for you all!!! Your design choices are classic and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete