Friday, November 13, 2015

Siblings

I love that my kids are all so close together, though there are days when I question why we had them all so close together. They are a little pack, though, and they really do love each other. Even when they fight. Which some days is a lot. (Surprise, my kids aren't perfect!) Last week we were driving home from Bible Study Fellowship, and I was asking Annie and Jacob about their class. We usually talk about what games they played, what their lesson was about, what they had for snack, etc. This time when I asked how their class went, I got this response:

A and J: Mama, there is a little boy in our class who is all alone!!!
Me: What do you mean, all alone?
A and J: He doesn't have any body!
Me: What?
A and J: It is only him and his mommy and daddy! He is all alone!
Me: (light is dawning) Ohhhhh. He doesn't have any brothers or sisters?
A and J: No, he is all alone (spoken as if they were in the depths of despair).
Me: So you would be sad if you didn't have a brother or sisters?
A and J: Yes. Really sad.

In a week that had been filled with lots of sibling squabbles, this little interplay warmed my heart. They were meant to be siblings and they were all meant to be so close together. They were just devastated for their little friend who was all alone.

Though some days I feel like a need a banner that says, "four kids in four years and I'm surviving!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to show this to Dan :) How precious that they love each other so fully!

    ReplyDelete