Thursday, February 26, 2015

Four

 photo IMG_1564_zpsnjzraezp.jpg

Happy fourth birthday, dear Annie of mine!

Four.

Four.

Four?

Four!

How did this happen so fast? :)

When I look at you, I still see the tiny baby in you, the baby who was so attached to Mama, who gave me fits about nursing and sleeping, and then turned into the best first baby ever. I see the toddler, who learned to walk and liked to explore but rarely got into mischief the way her curious brother did. I see the little one whose language took off full speed ahead before she had enough hair for even a little ponytail. I see the preschooler you've now become--independent, smart, strong-willed, lover of books and dolls and dress-up and singing. I remember the first time you were really sick, about nine months old, and how you snuggled against my chest for days. I remember your first trip to the beach, at only five weeks old. I remember dedicating you to the Lord. I remember the first time you " read" a book to me. So many beautiful memories with you, my first daughter. When I look at you, I see every age you've been in the age you are now. Each year we've had our struggles, to be sure, but it is all part of you are. Even--especially--your strong-will. You are my sunshine. Happy birthday, my love!

P.S. Can we slow this year down just a teeny tiny bit? I'm so excited to see what you learn this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment