Monday, January 6, 2014

Goals for 2014

New year, new goals. And I know the pictures don't work in the last post, it is on my list to fix. Hopefully soon. And I have tons of holiday photos to sort through and start posting. And Sophie's seven month update. And an updated house to-do list. Check back often, I'll be back to my regular Mon/Wed/Fri posting schedule soon.

Some goals for 2014.
Pray intentionally. I'm keeping a journal this year and updating it each week. Each morning, I pray through one of these six spheres: God and me, family, church, community, labor/work, state/government. One morning a week I pray for whatever is on my heart. In the evening, the Gent and I pray together, for whatever is going on in our lives and the lives of those we love, and always for our children. I am trying to do better about praying throughout the day. Pausing to breathe in, breathe out, acknowledge God.

Take a few minutes each afternoon to slow down and enjoy a cup of tea.

Keep fighting the clutter battle. If the answer to "Do we use it?" or "Does it make us happy?" is no, to a new home it goes.

Memorize a Bible verse with my kids each week. Read and discuss God's Word with them, and keep teaching them to pray.

Look for actions and attributes to praise in my children each day (like acts of love, obedience, generosity).

Don't say no to my kids so much. Think to myself first, "does it really matter?" This morning JJ wanted to dip his string cheese into his oatmeal. I think to myself, that's disgusting, I should tell him not to do that. But instead I just let him try it. What's the harm?

And on a semi-related note, require immediate obedience from my kiddos. When Mama says do it, she means it. "Listen and obey, right away." Preferably with a happy heart but we can work on that next year. :)

Enjoy all the time I get to spend with my little ones. While they are little. The days are long, but the years are short!

Choose each day not to be ruled by what is urgent, but by what is important.

Have date nights with the Gent twice a month.

Spend one on one time with each child once a month.

Read for at least a few minutes each day.

That's what I've got for now--I'm sure I'll add more as the year goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment