Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas in our Home and a Prayer for You

I didn't do a ton of decorating this year. I put fraser wreaths on the front doors, and of course we put up a tree. I put a tree of some kind (gumdrop tree in the kitchen, a mercury glass tree in our bedroom, etc) in each room, along with a nativity. My mantle is the only place I really splurged and I love the way it came together. We are doing a Jesse tree again this year as part of preparing our hearts in Advent. Annie and JJ are starting to understand more and more and I love teaching them about the true meaning of Christmas! The photo below is of one of my favorite Christmas traditions: each year we frame a photo of our family. And I write the date on the back. Fun to look back at how our family has grown from year to year!

 photo photo-12_zpsdc236d3c.jpg

 photo photo-14_zps05a0c81f.jpg

 photo photo-16_zpse8ba97ad.jpg

 photo photo-13_zpsc26ba265.jpg

 photo photo-15_zps521d11ec.jpg


Now, may the joy of the angels,
The eagerness of the shepherds,
The perseverance of the Magi,
The obedience of Joseph and Mary,
And the peace of the Christ child be yours this Christmas.
And may the blessing of God Almighty,
Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit,
Be upon you and remain with you always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment