Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Winners of the Baby Guessing Game

No one guessed Sophie. :)

There were six guesses for Elizabeth--Gretchen, Samantha, Jenn, Poppa, Papa Rick, and Granny. I think we'll call Poppa the winner because he got the initials right.

Bebe and Aunt Tessie got closest on the date - 5/26.

And Aunt Linda and Katie got closest on weight, but were still off by almost a pound - 7 lbs, 14 oz.

Sophie did a good job of surprising everyone!

Choosing names is always so much fun. Sophie and Elizabeth are family names, reaching back a few generations. The Gent and I also liked the meanings of her names. Sophie means "wisdom" and Elizabeth means "consecrated to God."

2 comments:

  1. I love “Annie” and “Sophie” together... As a mother of 3 girls, I notice that you have started a pattern in their names :) It is fun to follow, yet can feel a little pressuring at the same time... We are already stuck if this little one is a 4th girl! No more vowel names with ‘ea’ left!!! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I guessed over 8 pounds. Ha. Remembered incorrectly..love to flatter myself!

    ReplyDelete