Friday, June 7, 2013

Some thoughts and and a few pictures from Sophie's first week home

I love this sweet, squishy newborn stage! I mean it, I really, really love it. And it is so much easier this time around because I have felt SO GOOD (even with the cold I caught in the hospital) since Sophie's birth. Now that I have something to compare it to I realize how horrible I felt after Annie's birth--I was so weak from blood loss I went to bed by 8pm every night and couldn't stand up long enough to take a shower till she was a week old.

Sophie is nursing wonderfully and sleeping well. She sleeps from about 8pm to 7am, waking up on average three times to eat. She likes to be awake most of the morning and just take little cat naps, then take a long nap in the afternoon (which works great because the big kids take their nap in the afternoon and most days this week all three have slept at the same time!). I'm sure Sophie's routine will be changing quite a bit from week to week, but so far so good. :) We had her 1 week check-up yesterday and she is 21 1/2 inches long and 8lbs 13 oz, so already back up over her birth weight. Doctor says Sophie is perfect and we agree.

Annie and JJ seem to have adjusted just fine. Since Daddy went back to work, we have had lots of help from Honey. Today Aunt Tessie and Uncle Dwight took them swimming and out for lunch. Bebe is coming to stay next week. I am thankful for the help and Annie and JJ have enjoyed the extra attention.

Here are a few pictures from our first week home. You can find more on Instagram--abbasgirlfamily.

first sponge bath
IMG_2541

IMG_2548

sleeping beauty
IMG_2551

tummy time with big sister
IMG_2560

1 comment:

  1. She's so precious!! I'm SOO glad your feeling great postpartum this time!! Enjoy your squishy newborn :D

    ReplyDelete