Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas in This Old House

I don't have a lot of decorations just to "set out." I focus on live decor when possible--this year I used fraser fir, cedar, boxwood, magnolia, and cypress. No plastic plants in our house this year. ;) I have a nativity and a tree (of some sort) for each room in the house. And I frame a photo of our family each Christmas--I love setting those out.

the tree. it was a bugger this year (didn't want to stay in the stand, lights kept going out) but we finally worked through all its issues and it is beautiful.
IMG_0348

family Christmases past
IMG_0345

the stockings were hung by the chimney with care
IMG_0351

dining room table centerpiece
IMG_0354

our newest tradition: the Jesse tree. this year we wanted to start teaching our kiddos--young as they are--about why we as Christians celebrate Christmas, and about the advent season. we've been using a great devotional book by Dean Lambert called The Advent Jesse Tree. looking forward to continuing this tradition next year.
IMG_0355


No comments:

Post a Comment