Friday, September 21, 2012

Even Newer Wheels

IMG_8796

IMG_8791

We took the plunge this week. Bought a mini van of our own.

I took the kids with me to do the negotiating and we made a great team. I got exactly what I wanted for what I wanted to pay. The Gent and I had intended to buy a used van but when we got to looking at prices we could get a new one with all the accessories we wanted for only a couple thousand more. So we test drove one last Monday and bought it this Monday. We'd been thinking about buying a van for a couple of years, so when we finally decided it was time we moved fast.

Her name is Modern Millie Van (from the musical Thoroughly Modern Millie) and she drives beautifully. I am starting to figure out all the bells and whistles; wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Is it the Odyssey? I loved driving mine this summer...but I never did get a hang of all of the gadgets. Hope you enjoy your new ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minivans are a mom’s best friend! Especially when the kids are still in carseats. I absolutely LOVED mine & miss it now that we have little Colt. When we got ours, all of our friends were getting SUV’s, but I didn’t regret our choice for 1 second! (And I think my friends eventually were a little jealous of me :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete