Friday, August 24, 2012

A Bigger Car

There are lots of things I say I need that I really don't. But y'all, I really do need a bigger car. Cindy Civic has stood me in great stead for the past ten years, but two toddlers have us maxed out. Definitely no room for the dogs (but thank heaven for our wonderful dogsitter!).

And today social services called and asked if we could take a newborn. And the only reason we had to say no was because there's no way to fit another car seat in Cindy.

Boo hoo.

I hate saying no to a child who needs a family.

But it is going to be a while (at least until early 2013) before we can afford an upgrade, so we'll just keep saying no for now.

Boo hoo again.

I guess I'm going to have to get a van.

BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO HOO.

I was thinking about a Honda Pilot, but we rode with some friends in theirs a couple of weeks ago and it is completely impractical for more than two car seats. And there's not enough room for a single stroller in the back, let alone my double.

Look out, I'll be a soccer mom before I know it.

Maybe we could follow Peyton's advice and get some racing stripes.

Anybody want to trade their van for my sweet little Civic? :)

2 comments:

  1. I drove a Honda Odyessey all summer with 3 boys (1 car seat and 2 boosters) and it was a BREEZE. Super easy to take seats in and out for the doggies, too. I also enjoyed the hands free back hatch and door open capability, it was such a help with full hands.

    Boo Hoo to the newborn :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We "need" a bigger car too for a lot of the same reasons. I am looking forward to all the seating & storage capacity of a van :)

    ReplyDelete