Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's that time of year . . .

. . . when I start getting into the Christmas spirit! Actually, I am behind this year. A great football season and getting ready for baby have distracted me! But I did start my shopping last week. I bought Christmas cards when it was 80 degrees outside, and I've been driving around listening to Christmas music with the AC is blowing (not because I want to pretend it is cold outside, but because it really is hot without it). However, I am sure winter will be here before I want it. Days in the upper 70s and nights in the 50s are fine with me.

The evenings have been plenty cool, in my opinion. I even had one magical night last week when I lit the candles in the fireplace, made myself some hot chocolate, and flipped through the December issues of my decorating magazines. Ahhhh delightful.

This old house is going to be so much fun to decorate. I am picturing a very traditional look - lots of greenery, crystal, candles, and bits of red and green.

I promise not to put my tree up until after Thanksgiving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment