Thursday, July 28, 2011

I fell off being "on top of it"

For those of you clinging to the misguided idea that I'm always on top of it (it=life), I just wanted you to know I fell off. :)

I have so much to do I just decided not to do any of it (yet). Instead I'm taking a few minutes to type out a quick post with the promise of pictures later. After three weeks of spotty to no internet, we are finally up and running again.

Tomorrow we close on our house--AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!--and we are trying to take care of some last minute negotiations over plumbing problems. And I guess I need to get by the bank and get that big check for our down payment. Hello home ownership, bye bye money.

However, if I accomplish nothing else today, I have spent time with Jesus, just a few minutes of quiet to sit at His feet, think, pray, reflect, ask. I took my puppies for a walk before the heat set in and now they are napping away. I've spent quality time playing with my baby girl, and loving the eight times a day when we sit down and nurse and just focus on each other. And tonight at 9pm, I will ignore whatever is left to do and relax with my husband. Nothing fancy, probably a glass of wine, a baseball game, and the latest edition of Real Simple. But we'll take a few minutes, stop the running, and just be together.

Breathe in, breathe out.

'k, enough of this! Laundry just stopped, dishwasher to be emptied, pants to be hemmed, checkbook to balance, dinner to make, health insurance to research, and oh yeah--a whole house to pack and move in two weeks, yikes!

2 comments:

  1. You'll get it all done! You are taking time for the most important things - the Lord, your hubby, sweet Annie and your puppies. Giving the Lord the first fruits is the perfect way to start your day.

    Like Mary Poppins said, "In ev'ry job that must be done, There is an element of fun. You find the fun and snap! The job's a game." I love Mary Poppins! I am going to have a contest with painting. I'm going to set a goal for each day and see if I can get it done before the timer goes off. As I paint, I am going to pray for the person or activities that will be going on in that room once your little family moves in! That will by my "element of fun" as Mary says!

    This is going to be fun!! And just think, at the end we get to go to the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge Congratulations on closing on your new home! Please post photos when you can; that is, when you have time and are just wondering what to do next.. Was great to see you and meet beautiful sweet Annie, and nice seeing Honey again. Do remember to - breathe... You'll be fine. Life is an adventure!

    ReplyDelete