Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Husband Appears...

After watching AbbasGirl blog away for the seven (!) years I've known her, I've finally been asked to enter the scene officially. So, hello world. I guess I know many of you, but probably not all, so it's a privilege to meet you... sort of.

This weekend has been an interesting one. AbbasGirl and I have had such a draining month: dealing with the pain of losing a baby, being in the busiest stretch of the year for school and work, it being just... cold and dark (I'm not a big fan of winter).

But this weekend brought us two whole days of recovery. Sure, we both got some work done, but it wasn't anything intense, and we certainly set enough time aside to play with the dogs in the snow (see below) and enjoy each other's company for a while.

I think God just knew that's what we needed. This next week is looking pretty rough already--I've got obligations every night. So maybe he sent this blizzard of a storm our way just to give us a break. Who knows. I've come to accept to things about our Lord: (1) He doesn't make things work the way I think they should and (2) He does things much, much better than I ever could. So let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment